Welcome to Solly's Bulk Meat, we are 5th generation farmers and our property is West of Cobargo in the beautiful Wandella Valley. Cobargo is situated in the beautiful Bega Valley, home of Bega Cheese on the far South Coast of New South Wales.
Are you tired of buying tough meat from the big outlets. If you are then it is time to buy from Solly's Bulk Meat as we have only the best Quality meat.
How do we know this. It's simply
- We grow the cattle ourselves
- Cattle are 8-10 months of age
- We handle our cattle with care
- They graze on good pastures
- We do not truck them to saleyards - less stress
- They go direct to the Abattoirs
- Cut up by qualified butchers
- All health inspections carried out by NSW Meat Inspectors
- We use very little chemicals
We deliver from Eden to Nowra on the South Coast into Canberra through Braidwood and Cooma. Our meat is delivered in a refrigerated vehicle, our prices include delivery.
Price of meat packs start from:
- Eden - Batemans Bay $6.60kg (sides of beef from $561, 1/4 packs from $360)
- Cooma - $7.30kg (sides from $620, 1/4 packs from $360)
- Canberra - Nowra $7.50 (sides from $637, 1/4 packs from $360)
Our property name is Wandella for obvious reasons.
Wandella is a picturesque valley surrounded by great mountain views. Our farm is 530 Acres set at the foot of Wandella Mountain, to the west is Peak Alone Mountain which can be seen from the sea port of Bermagui.
Our farm is a well balanced farm of rolling hills, and lots of trees for shade for our cattle. We also lease another 300 acres which is in the Cobargo area. Cobargo is also becoming a place for fine Wine.
The property that we lease in Cobargo has a vineyard and is becoming well known for its label which is Rusty Fig. This wine compliments our quality beef. There are also another 2 vineyards in the area, Belgrave Park and Mimosa Rocks.
On our land we run up to 200 breeding stock which means we have a good supply of calves throughout the year. Our cattle are very quiet, due to our farming methods. Our cattle are moved everyday into fresh paddocks with a 21 day rotation. The reason for a 21 day rotation is to allow our pasture to regrow to the best it can and to control parasites, so we do not need to use any drenches. This means our cattle are growing naturally on pasture without the use of hormones, antibiotics and rumen manipulators.
Also our breed program is a big help. Our cattle are Angus, Black Baldy and Simmental Cross Cows. We use Simmental Bulls to join our cows. Simmental Cattle are a dual purpose breed, which means they produce a lot of milk and are also top meat yield cattle thus producing top vealers. Simmental is a European breed.
Reasons for Starting Direct Marketing of our own cattle are as follows
- Low returns at the Saleyards- $1.50 - $1.60 per kg but when you purchase meat from Supermarkets, butchers you pay $25.00 - $30.00kg for steak
- We have seen our income going down and farm costs increasing
- We believe we can make a good return for a Quality product and help out the consumer.
- We believe if we do not market our own meat no one else will.
- We have 4 children and this is the only viable way they may be able to carry on farming on our property in the future as 6th generation farmers
WANDELLA PARK SIMMENTALS
I am also passionate about breeding stud quality Simmental cattle and established my own stud "WANDELLA PARK SIMMENTALS". I have bulls and heifers of different ages available if you are interested.
Thank you for visiting Solly's Bulk Meat we are a family owned business raising Beef Cattle near Cobargo on the Far South Coast of NSW.